Sunday, September 2, 2012

Learning to Focus


I apologize for my long absence.  Life has been rolling along rather quickly.  I've thought of you often but the thoughts didn't reach my keyboard.

Journal entry during this study


Click on image to see it larger
Over the summer I've been participating in a study of Proverbs 31.  As the book has moved chapter by chapter into every area of our lives, the continual theme has been to be more focused.  Focused in schedule, focused in possessions, focused in choices, focused in nutrition, and focused in the direction of our days, weeks, and even years. 


This study prompted a lot of thought about how we have a tendency to just run through our weeks doing what we've always done and doing what everyone else is doing.  We live in such a fast paced culture and it is easy to get so busy we fail to even realize we aren't focused.   Well, at least I do.   Do I really even look to see what is around me, to see how my days are filled, to see the others around me and how they are feeling?

Being more focused means taking time for small things that are enriching
Click on image to see it larger
I am determined to become more focused and less cluttered in my environment as well as my thoughts.  This will take some effort and some time but I believe the benefits will be worth the time.   How about you?  Won't you join me?


 Psalm 90:12  "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

Kenya working on his Daytimer list for today

No comments: