Thursday, November 17, 2011

What is Your Perspective?

I posted this last November 8 on my Wind and Honey blog.  It has been on my mind a lot the last few days so I'm reposting it here.

I've come to the conclusion that our outlook on life can be determined by how we look at a tree - or maybe how we don't look.  Have you stopped to look around at the trees and the changing colors?  Have you taken a moment to notice them?  Because they will only be there for just about that moment.  Soon all the leaves will be on the ground and the beauty will have changed.



The tree above is outside of my studio, and this is how most people would see it.  But if you look more closely you will see it something like this.


But I am convinced that the only way to truly appreciate a tree, the only way to truly experience it is to see it like a child.  So first one has to lie down under the trees in the grass.  One has to experience the crunch of the already fallen leaves on the grass.  


And then the magical moment is when you turn your face up and look straight up into the tree thus getting the perspective of a child.  I'm convinced that trees truly love children and children love trees. The love affair that goes on between them gets lost somewhere in those teen years.  So I dare you today to go outside and find one tree to look at with the perspective of a child.  It just might change your day.


Isaiah 55:12
"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."



1 comment:

Antonella said...

Thanks for your thought provoking words!
Hugs, antonella :-)